Status of an NXP Part

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of an NXP Part

huang_hw
Contributor II

I need to order small quantities of the part FS32K148UJT0VLLT.

The product information page https://www.nxp.com/part/FS32K148UJT0VLLT#/ has the status of the part as "Active" and points to distributors.

I am trying to order from mouser.sg or digikey.sg but they all show zero stocks and ridiculously long lead times.

Questions:

1. Why is the supply and lead-times still a problem when the "chip shortage" should have eased?

2. For this particular part FS32K148UJT0VLLT, how to get more details on the likely dates of getting supply? ...or is production restart for this particular SKU NOT planned/scheduled at all.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ICdirect
Contributor I

Hi @huang_hw 

Is the FS32K148UJT0VLLT requirement still active? I have a client with OEM excess stock of these parts that I may be able to help source for you. Let me know or send me an email. alessandro@directics.com 

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, the lead time is 52 weeks minimum for S32K1 devices.

petervlna_0-1670314876632.png

So if there is nothing directly in stock, 52 weeks is minimum delivery time.

1. Why is the supply and lead-times still a problem when the "chip shortage" should have eased?

2. For this particular part FS32K148UJT0VLLT, how to get more details on the likely dates of getting supply? ...or is production restart for this particular SKU NOT planned/scheduled at all.

There no such thing as production restart. Chips are being produced at max factory capacity. There is simply too much demand.

“There’s this wishful thinking that by the end of 2022, supply will be balanced with demand,” said Tom Caulfield, chief executive of contract chip manufacturer GlobalFoundries Inc. “I just don’t see it.”

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos