cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Access 0x27 issue.

PraveenKumarD1
Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm working on Security Access 0x27. For the seed request, the Csm_RandomGenerate function will generate a 15 byte Random Number which is part of seed. The control eventually reaches the Csec_GenerateRnd function to generate random numbers.

I'm facing an issue with Csec_GenerateRnd function, the Csec_eState variable has to be in CSEC_IDLE state for it to give the response needed. But initially the state of Csec_eState comes as "unknown". On forcing it to CSEC_IDLE state from the next iteration onwards, I am getting positive response. what is the reason of this behaviour?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

PraveenKumarD1
Contributor I
Hi,

Yes its the first time the Csec_eState is checked after initialization. After generation the Csec_eState remains in busy state and is not getting initialized with CSEC_IDLE. Once we force it to CSEC_IDLE it works fine there after but if we generate again, it shows similar behaviour. What might be going worng here?
0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @PraveenKumarD1 ,

Have you checked Csec_eState's value when your application is started up, i.e. the initialized value of Csec_eState in runtime? Is it CSEC_IDLE, CSEC_BUSY or a random value? 

A potential reason is the value of the address, where stored Csec_eState, has been accidentally modified during runtime. Can you set a breakpoint in the address where stored Csec_eState, and observe whether any abnormal behavior happens?

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos

PraveenKumarD1
Contributor I

Hi,

The Csec_eState's value when application is started up is in either in unknow state (as seen in the attachment) or in CSEC_BUSY state. 

Can we have a debugging session if possible?

0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you familiar with Microsoft Teams? I can send you an invitation. Otherwise please recommend preferred meeting environment. 

In which timeslot you're available? I'm available from 9:30AM to 12:00AM and from 1:30PM to 6:00PM ICT (GMT +7).

What's your email address?

Best Regards, 

Nam

0 Kudos

PraveenKumarD1
Contributor I

Yea Microsoft Teams is fine for me. 14th June, Monday at 2PM IST will be fine with me.

My email address: praveen.kumar@avinsystems.com 

0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @PraveenKumarD1,

Is this the first time after initialization, the Csec_eState value is checked? It's pretty strange to me, as the Csec_eState variable is already initialized:

static VAR(Csec_StateTypeCSEC_VARCsec_eState = CSEC_IDLE;

Where is Csec_eState stored? Can you dump the value of Csec_eState? 

Best Regards,
Nam
0 Kudos