Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBC fs45xx switching problems

Jump to solution
andrearicca
Contributor II

Hello,

in my design I used the SBC FS4500, but during the hardware tests I found some noise problems. In particular, my board receives analog signals from some sensors and send them to a uC (S32K). Since, the signals variations are very small (from 100uV to few mV) I amplified and filtered them before to send them to uC. In order to reduce the switching problems related to FS4500 I followed the PCB layout recommendations described in the Hardware Design guidelines (AN5238), but on the board there are anyhow problems related to the switching activity of the pre-regulator. 

I chose this chip because it has: safety requirements, at least one 5V regulator, an internal CAN transceiver, an internal watchdog, a wake-up system by the key and it is compatible for automotive applications. 

My question is: there is a similar component (the requirements that I need are listed before) without a switching regulator that I can use in my application?

For example I see the SBC UJA1169TK/F of the evaluation board (S32K144EVB-Q100), but it hasn't an internal CAN transceiver and some other features that I need.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Andrea

Labels (1)
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrea,

As you can see below, there are many SBCs you can choose from. Note that MC33903/4/5 are legacy Freescale while UJA1xxx original NXP devices. 

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrea,

What means wake-up system by the key?

At first look I think UJA113x or UJA116x can match your requirements and for these 2 devices we offer some drivers.

Best regards,

Razvan

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrea,

As you can see below, there are many SBCs you can choose from. Note that MC33903/4/5 are legacy Freescale while UJA1xxx original NXP devices. 

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Tomas