S32K148EVB cannot download programs through OpenSDA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K148EVB cannot download programs through OpenSDA

Contributor II

HI,

My S32K148EVB board can't download the program through OpenSDA. Maybe it's because my chip was locked because I chose to jump the cap with hot-plug power. Is there any way to solve this problem?I plugged in the power supply and the USB connection between the computer and the MCU. The firmware I chose was also correct. The picture is an error that occurred after I downloaded the program.false.jpgfalse1.jpg

Labels (1)
7 Replies

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

Just got my S32K148EVB broken like this. I don't know how, perhaps I started debug session over OpenSDA for another K144 project and USB cable plugged into S32K148EVB instead of plugging it to S32K144EVB. But I'm not sure.

Fortunately it is fixable. It turns out OpenSDA may enter some weird state, perhaps security got engaged or something, from which you can't exit without external JTAG like P&E Multilink.  

Symptom was 3-color LED driven by prototype app already flashed to S32K148 stopped blinking. I wanted to reload working K148 app and it failed. Red RESET LED was off.

I tried reflashing with Emergency Kinetis Recovery checked. That failed as well, but RESET LED became lit forewer, constant <1V level on RESET pin. No matter is USB cable plugged in or not, red RESET LED is on, no pulses on it.

I've got USB Multilink recently. I tried to recover using it. With USB cable plugged in red RESET LED is still on, every attempt to flash using P&E Multilink failed with pop up dialog about multilink detected, Retry Refresh buttons etc. Then hooray, I unplugged USB SDA cable, red LED got off and I reflashed K148 code via USB Multilink successfully. I think it didn't warn about security engaged, though I didn't notice if Kinetis Emergency Recovery was on or off. OpenSDA connection is working again.

Edward

Edward

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello jianyang wang,

I have seen this problem before, to fix it you need to configure two jumpers to enable the power from USB instead of the external 12V. Refer to the following image.

pastedImage_1.png

The configuration for both jumpers J18 and J8 must be 2-3 if you want to program your board through the OpenSDA interface. 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hello Vicyor Jimenez,

Thank you for your reply. I tried it the way you said. After the board is electrified, there will still be the problem mentioned above.

Regards,

Wang

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wang,

How are you supplying the power to your board once you make the changes I mentioned before? Once you make these changes, you need to supply your board only through the USB cable.

Regards,

Victor

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your reply. After making those changes, I only used USB power supply, but there were still hints that I couldn't download.

Regards,

Wang

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wang,

Once you make these changes and you are powering the board only through the USB cable, does the problem that you are facing remains the same as the one you mentioned before? If it is different, please share more details about it.

Could you please confirm that the following things happen when you powered your board through USB?

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your reply. I have solved this problem. Thanks for your help. I only use USB as you say. At the same time, I chose Emergency Kinetis Device Recovery by Full Chips Erase in the DEBUGGER option.

debugger.PNG

Regards,

Wang