S32K146EVB Bootloader Mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K146EVB Bootloader Mode

jgraham954
Contributor I

I posted this request elsewhere, but since it was an already solved problem, I will repost.

In trying to get Freemaster to connect to my S32K146EVB, I was following this solution:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/S32K146EVB-Quick-Start-Guide/m-p/1077560#M7567

but copied in bootloader mode. Now my eval board will not go back to application mode.

My questions are:

how do I get this back to the OOBE boot, where the lights blink.

how do I setup the communication between the board and my system. The quick start guide was incorrect in the setup, which is how I ended up here.

Is there any up to date guides for this board, the current one is riddled with mistakes and is not useable for a linux system which supposedly is supported.

Thank you,

James

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi James,

Please refer: 1.2 Flash the Out-of-Box Demo
Download the S32K146EVB_OOBE_FreeMASTER_Firmware.srec from Software and Tools tab. Then drag and drop the downloaded image file into your S32K146EVB disk that is listed in your PC window.

1.2 Flash the Out-of-Box Demo.png

Do not copy it in bootloader mode. This will cause your board to lose the application firmware.
Please refer to this post What is the power supply voltage range over which the S32K144EVB-Q100 can operate? to restore the application firmware. Please use: MSD-DEBUG-S32K146EVB-Q144_Pemicro_v121.SDA

Then you can drop S32K146EVB_OOBE_FreeMASTER_Firmware.srec into your S32K146EVB disk.

Please follow the S32K146EVB-QSG
At "Setup serial connection in the FreeMASTER tool" page, I think you can select automatically mode.
Setup communication automatically: Tools > Connection Wizard

S32K146EVB-QSG.png

Select Communication Port Type.pngProbing UART Ports.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos