cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K116

miguel_perez
Contributor I

Hi everybody,

I have been working with MCU S32K116 in order to develop an Absolute Position Encoder. I had problems programming the MCU with S32 Studio for ARM  2018 using JTAG. What I did to solve the problem was, loading the program in the  S32K116 EVB and then dewelding the MCU from the evolution board and welding it to the pcb layout I desing.
After that I can program using the JTAG pins without trouble.

Is there some initial condition of the MCU, when you buy a virgin  MCU S32K1xx that, doesn't aloud you to program by JTAG for the first time?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

miguel_perez
Contributor I

Excuse me, I mean by a programming problem the fact that I can upload the program to the MCU S32K116, also in the reference manual in chapter 56 Debug, S32K116 JTAG protocol is only available for Boundary Scan.

The JTAG pin configuration is shown below :

TMS as pullup,

TRST as pullup

TCK as pulldown

TDI as pullup

TDO as pullup

JTAG.PNG

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please show me, how you have connected JTAG connector? From the figure above, the problem can be in TRST connection pin.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

no, there is not any initial condition which allows to program microcontroller delivered from factory.

Could you please share you board schematic to check power supply design and JTAG circuit design?

Also, what does it mean "programming problem"? What S32DS tells you?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos