cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question of the flash memory module life specifications in datasheet for S32K3x

Jump to solution
Chris-Sun
Contributor II

Currently, I am using the Flash module of the S32K312 chip.

According to the datasheet,  number of program/erase cycles per block using Block Erase is 25 P/E cycles.

Does this mean that if the embedded Flash is erased by blocks, it will become damaged after 25 erase/write operations?
If so, will the Flash be easily damaged during regular programming?

Furthermore, I am also confused about "Number of program/erase cycles per block for
1 MB and 2 MB blocks using Sector Erase is 1000 P/E cycles".

1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

In the 21.7.1.2 Module Configuration (MCR) of S32K3XXRM Rev.8, you may read statement that:
Block erase is for Factory use only, under controlled conditions.
In other words, user should not use this operation at all. Also debug probed does not use this operation for MCU flash programming.

"Number of program/erase cycles per block for 1 MB and 2 MB blocks using Sector Erase is 1000 P/E cycles". This means you can erase and program the Program Flash at least 1000 times.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

In the 21.7.1.2 Module Configuration (MCR) of S32K3XXRM Rev.8, you may read statement that:
Block erase is for Factory use only, under controlled conditions.
In other words, user should not use this operation at all. Also debug probed does not use this operation for MCU flash programming.

"Number of program/erase cycles per block for 1 MB and 2 MB blocks using Sector Erase is 1000 P/E cycles". This means you can erase and program the Program Flash at least 1000 times.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
Chris-Sun
Contributor II

Hi @Robin_Shen 

Thank you for your response to my post.

Your response resolved my confusion.

Best regards,
Chris

0 Kudos