cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power supply of s32K144

ankan_creatara
Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

I was trying to explore the S32K144EVB. However, I came across a document, with the power supply layout of the board. I am attaching the screenshot of the same for your referral.

I wanted to check if both the marked parts (VDDA) should be same or whether the left VDDA should be only from VDD. Because, I could not relate the reason of both the marked parts being the same. It doesn't make sense.

Kindly have a look into this and help me out.

Thank you for your time. 

s32k.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies

ankan_creatara
Contributor III

Hello Everyone, 
I am back with some more queries. Please help me out.

In the overall schematic, and as far as I can understand; the S32K144EVB can be powered up in two ways:
1. 12V supply (external)
2. 5V from Micro-USB

Please correct me if I am wrong!!

Whenever an external 12V supply is used, the power flows through the SBC UJA1169, right? When I was exploring the UJA1169, I found out two pins in the chip: 
1. Pin 5: V1
2. Pin 14: BAT

As I can see, V1 can be of 5V or 3.3V. Whereas BAT is the battery Voltage, which is of 5V. But, I could not find any port to connect the 12V from the external supply. Am I understanding the circuit correct? OR am I missing out something?

Please help me in figuring out,
A. How can I use an external 12V supply to power up the S32K144EVB. Is it even possible to use the 12V supply or Do I need to use any 5V source?
B. What is the voltage at which the entire board works? Is it 12V or 5V or 3.3V?

Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ankan_creatara 

The S32K144EVB evaluation board powers from a USB or external 12 V power supply. By default USB power is enabled with J107 jumper (2-3 closed). To enable the 12 V power you need to connect 1-2 of the J107 jumper.
You can refer the Datasheet and the application note AN5426:

S32K-DS 

AN5426  

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

ankan_creatara
Contributor III

Hi @VaneB 

Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into the attached documents. 

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ankan_creatara 

VDDA and VDD are internally connected in this package. But it has a differential of 0.1V.
If externally available, connect the VDDA pin to the same voltage potential as VDD.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

ankan_creatara
Contributor III

Hello @VaneB ,

Thank you for your insights. 

As far as I can understand, there is no harm in connecting both the VDD and VDDA to the same source, right!!

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Correct, connect the VDDA pin to the same source as VDD pin.