LPSPI Manual Chip Select

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPSPI Manual Chip Select

Aravind_Vinas
Contributor II

Hi, I am trying to configure my SPI2 port for operation using processor expert. But I see that there are already designated CS pins for operation. Could I configure the TCR register with PCS[0:3] and initiate transfer and manually control another GPIO pin as CS by pulling low? If so, what is the effect on the pin specified in the PCS field of the TCR register?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It is a possible but somewhat overcombined way. SPI transfer is initiated when CS is low but according CLK clock.

If you drive CS line manually by general purpose output, content of TCR[PCS] is irrelevant.

0 Kudos

Aravind_Vinas
Contributor II

But the TCR[PCS] points to some CS line always. Which means the line being pointed will get low whenever a transfer is initiated. Or is there a configuration on the SPI registers where it can ignore the TCR[PCS] setting?

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, but it is internal signal. If there is no routing done by PORT module (this internal signal to pin), it does not have any relevance.

0 Kudos

Aravind_Vinas
Contributor II

If I understand this correctly, if the pin is not routed as ALT function to serve as PCS using the PORT engine, then this TCR[PCS] shall not have any effect on the pin.

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, you are right.

0 Kudos

Aravind_Vinas
Contributor II

Kudos, thanks for the quick support!

0 Kudos