How to uninstall FreeMASTER?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall FreeMASTER?

lawsonbob
Contributor I

How do I completely uninstall FreeMASTER 2.0 and get it removed from the Programs and Features control panel in Windows 7?

"FreeMASTER 2.0" shows up in my list of installed programs but when I select it there is no option to uninstall.  I also don't see any uninstall options in the FreeMASTER setup program, nor any uninstall instructions in C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\FreeMASTER 2.0.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

suly-texas
Contributor I

Has this been resolved? 

I am trying to un-install freemaster 3.1 and it simply gets stuck during the uninstall process. The windows registry is full of freemaster references. I am on a windows 10 system. 

1. What is the uninstall issues update ?

2. How can I force an install of a newer freemaster version with out it trying to un-install an older version ?

0 Kudos

lawsonbob
Contributor I

Bump. Anybody at NXP care to answer this?

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bob,

Until now, no one needs to completely uninstall the FreeMASTER.

However, the path of Unistal Freemaster 2.0 see below: 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\FreeMASTER 2.0

After uninstalling, the folder of FreeMaster 2.0 in Freescale folder will be uninstalled and also from the Start menu.

But we can see the application in Programs and Features control panel.

I hope it helps you.

Best Regards,

Diana

0 Kudos

lawsonbob
Contributor I

I get the following error when I run the uninstaller you suggested.

Untitled.jpg

It does seem to delete all files from C:\Program Files*, but the FreeMaster 2.0 item still shows up in the Programs and Features control panel, and the registry on my PC still contains a lot of FreeMASTER entries.  This means my company's IT audits will probably still flag this as non-authorized software.

NXP should fix these issues.

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Bob,

You are right.

I will report this issue.

Best Regards,

Diana

0 Kudos