cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW trigger using LPIT

shubhendu_shukl
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using adcPal2 in that lpit is being used to trigger my ADC1, it is working fine but when I am using lpit trigger time less that 25us code doesn't work only one time value gets updated, but as soon as I make trigger 40us it starts working fine, currently only 1 Channel is used for the conversion.
Please help me to understand why is it happening.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

shubhendu_shukl
Contributor II

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for the reply,

I am using 12 samples per trigger conversion. I have tested that the ADC is taking about 10.4 uSec For the conversion,

One more issue I am facing that if there are 2 HW groups of different channels in Single ADC (2 different LPIT channels for triggering ADC HW trigger ), the only the group which is triggered 1st works the other group never responds 

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shubhendu,

Unfortunately, in the ADC_PAL driver, you can only trigger one conversion per instance and if you attempt to do it the enable function will return a busy. What you could do is link the conversions channels if you want to use two different triggers and trigger different group conversions in each one.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Shubhendu,

Can you let me know how many samples are you using per trigger conversion and the tick count waiting for the ADC_PAL module? It could be that the time it takes to sample and the waiting time is not enough to process the conversion before another trigger comes.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos