Bootloader implementation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader implementation

james_dulgerian
Contributor I

I am working on a project using the s32k146. We have CAN in the project and I have a Peak CAN transceiver. I would like to implement the bootloader discussed in UBLUG.pdf (attached) to download firmware to my target. It is unclear to me how I build this project and install to enable the bootloader. Also, I would like to get the NXPOpenBus PC utility.

0 Kudos
9 Replies

y007zzz
Contributor I

@dianabatrlova Hey Diana, i have the same issue, need to install the SDK ARM 2018.R in my Linux machine, is there a workaround?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

ClaudioB
Contributor II

After compiled a bootloader CAN project, I tryied to use the NxpOpenBus tool but after established the connection with my hw where it is running the bootloader project, I always receive for every uds service that I try to send by the NxpOpenBus tool, the same message of fail...

Do you have some suggest about it?

Thank you for your support,

claudio

0 Kudos

ClaudioB
Contributor II

In attachment the message request and fail answer.

Claudio

0 Kudos

ClaudioB
Contributor II

Hello Diana,

could you explain me how I have to import the bootloader project for s32k144 (with CAN). I tried to import the project in SDK workspace but when I try to compile the project I have a lot of no-included path errors.

Have I to include the correct path one by one or there is an more friendly way? 

Thank you so much for your answer,

Claudio

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The SW of the unified bootloader framework can be downloaded here:

https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/snippets-boot-code-headers-monitors/unified_bootloader_framework.zi... 

It can be downloaded to your target by S32 Design Studio for ARM version 2.2 or 2018.R1:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/s32-design-studio-ide/s32-design-studio-for...

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos

ganeshvaka2
Contributor I

Hello @dianabatrlova 
we are working on lin Based bootloader for s32k116.as per your Guidelines we are integrated  unified bootloader framework in s32Ds . When receiving the information of the master node as a slave node, it will not enter the callback function and cannot receive the information sent by the host. two。. When receiving information as the master node, if you hit a breakpoint where the callback function receives the PID_OK, and then continue to run, you will no longer enter the callback function. What is the reason for this? Could you take a look at my code for me?
Thank you
Ganesh Babu Vaka

0 Kudos

ClaudioB
Contributor II

Hello Diana,

Could you helpme to understand how create the bootloader_can project for S32K144 using the S32K1xx_unified_bootloader_demo_V1.0 repository?

If I import the s32K144_CAN_bootloader project direcctly in the S32DS SDK I'm not able to compile the project for a lot of paths unsresolved.

I see that inside the folder named s32K144_CAN_bootloader there is a batch file, but if I try to run it (with administrator rights), I receive an error for path not found.

Do you have some suggest about it?

Regards,

Claudio

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Claudio,

I would like to add here some points which we already discussed in the support ticket and which helped you to compile the project.

I suggest using S32DS for ARM 2018.R1 which includes SDK 2.0.0 S32 Design Studio for Arm 2018.R1 – Windows/Linux

After the installation please, check if the SDK 2.0.0 is available: C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS\S32SDK_S32K14x_RTM_2.0.0

If not, please, install this update: https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/S32-Design-Studio-for-ARM-2018-R1-Upda...

After that, go to the installation folder of the unified bootloader and follow ReadMe.txt

\S32K1xx\Project\S32DS\S32K144_CAN\S32K144_CAN_bootloader\ReadMe.txt

Then open S32DS for ARM 2018.R1 menu File -> Import -> General -> Existing Files Projects into Workspace

Then you can compile the project without errors. 

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos

ganeshvaka2
Contributor I
Hello @dianabatrlova we are working on lin Based bootloader for s32k116.as per your Guidelines we are integrated in s32Ds . When receiving the information of the master node as a slave node, it will not enter the callback function and cannot receive the information sent by the host. two。. When receiving information as the master node, if you hit a breakpoint where the callback function receives the PID_OK, and then continue to run, you will no longer enter the callback function. What is the reason for this? Could you take a look at my code for me? Thank you Ganesh Babu Vaka
0 Kudos