S32G2 LLCE CAN driver run in freertos

Jump to solution
TimHu
Contributor I

hi sir,

Currently,I want to use LLCE CAN in freertos,

first,I download LLCE  Driver and install in S32DS v3.5

TimHu_0-1681442264028.png

but I can't run Can_Llce_DS_Can2Can example project derectly,if any corresponding tool version on S32DS,RTD and LLCE CAN driver?

I want to know, if LLCE driver can run in non-autosar os and if any document about LLCE Driver +S32DS3.5 can study.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We have successfully compiled Can2Can example with the following packages:

• S32DS v3.5
  • RTD v3.0.2 HF01
  • LLCE v1.0.4

For LLCE v1.0.4, you need to have already installed RTD v3.0.2 HF01, since this is a requirement for the LLCE package.

There is a bug under LLCE v1.0.4 where "LLCE_BIN_DIR" reference is being mapped incorrectly. To overpass this bug, you need to change the path for "LLCE_BIN_DIR" under the following option:

"Right-click on project > Properties > Resource > Linked Resource"

Under the "Path Variables" tab (should be the one by default) search for "LLCE_BIN_DIR" and modify it to link to the correct resources (the warning on the path variable should disappear once it is correctly linked). For our specific set-up, the path should be the following:

"C:\nxp\S32G_LLCE_1_0_4\firmware\llce_bin\s32g2\bin\ghs\enablement"

Once the link has been modified, you need to access config tools and generate the code that the example requires.

If this is still not working, help us verify if a simple blink example is able to compile under your current setup.

As if you could mix LLCE+FreeRTOS, we also have done this mixing with both LLCE and FreeRTOS examples under S32DS. So, it should be viable.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We have successfully compiled Can2Can example with the following packages:

• S32DS v3.5
  • RTD v3.0.2 HF01
  • LLCE v1.0.4

For LLCE v1.0.4, you need to have already installed RTD v3.0.2 HF01, since this is a requirement for the LLCE package.

There is a bug under LLCE v1.0.4 where "LLCE_BIN_DIR" reference is being mapped incorrectly. To overpass this bug, you need to change the path for "LLCE_BIN_DIR" under the following option:

"Right-click on project > Properties > Resource > Linked Resource"

Under the "Path Variables" tab (should be the one by default) search for "LLCE_BIN_DIR" and modify it to link to the correct resources (the warning on the path variable should disappear once it is correctly linked). For our specific set-up, the path should be the following:

"C:\nxp\S32G_LLCE_1_0_4\firmware\llce_bin\s32g2\bin\ghs\enablement"

Once the link has been modified, you need to access config tools and generate the code that the example requires.

If this is still not working, help us verify if a simple blink example is able to compile under your current setup.

As if you could mix LLCE+FreeRTOS, we also have done this mixing with both LLCE and FreeRTOS examples under S32DS. So, it should be viable.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
TimHu
Contributor I

Hi Daniel-Aguirre,

I had build LLCE_CAN Example code successfully, next step I'll try to run in freertos,

thanks you very much.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for your feedback.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
TimHu
Contributor I

Hi,

According to your said, S32D already had LLCE+FreeRTOS project,but I can't find it in my example project list,

TimHu_0-1681810602951.png

TimHu_1-1681810619105.png

Did I miss installing related package? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There is no out-of-the-box example that handles both LLCE+FreeRTOS, we apologize if our wording was confusing about this topic.

We had created an example that merges both LLCE and FreeRTOS examples, just to confirm that the usage of both FreeRTOS+LLCE is viable. But there is no example ready with both components.

This should be implemented by the user.

Our recommendation is to start from an LLCE project, then start migrating the FreeRTOS example, since we have discovered that FreeRTOS is easier to migrate than LLCE itself.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
TimHu
Contributor I

Hi,

It doesn't matter,I know how to do next step, thanks for your answer!

0 Kudos