IPS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kishanmishra
Contributor I

Hello team,

What is IPS bus used in S32G3 reference manual? At multiple instances 'IPS' abbreviation is used in multiple contexts. I am looking for its full form and specification. At one of the instance, I have noted it to referring as "Peripheral bus interface" as (IPS) which doesn't sound in accordance with the abbreviation. Is it (IPS) NXP proprietary? S32G2 S32G3 S32G-VNP-RDB3 S32G-VNP-RDB2 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alejandro_e
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  @kishanmishra ,

IPS stands for Internal peripheral system, you can find this definition in the S32G2 Reference manual section 72.11 Glossary [page 4063, S32G2 Reference Manual, Rev. 8, February 2024]:

alejandro_e_0-1726604511274.png

I was not able to find this abbreviation expansion in the S32G3 reference manual, we apologize for the inconvenience. 

Therefore the IPS bus is the bus used to communicate with the different peripherals.

Please note that IPS is different from IPs, the latter stands for the plural form of Intellectual property. 

Let me know if this fully answers your questions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
alejandro_e
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  @kishanmishra ,

IPS stands for Internal peripheral system, you can find this definition in the S32G2 Reference manual section 72.11 Glossary [page 4063, S32G2 Reference Manual, Rev. 8, February 2024]:

alejandro_e_0-1726604511274.png

I was not able to find this abbreviation expansion in the S32G3 reference manual, we apologize for the inconvenience. 

Therefore the IPS bus is the bus used to communicate with the different peripherals.

Please note that IPS is different from IPs, the latter stands for the plural form of Intellectual property. 

Let me know if this fully answers your questions.

kishanmishra
Contributor I
Thank you for the response. I appreciate the way details have been provided. Keep it up.