wolfSSL library version in S32 SDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wolfSSL library version in S32 SDK

akhileshkg
Contributor II

as I check wolfSSL library integrated with the S32 SDK is having version no.: 3.12.0

the latest wolfSSL lib version is 4.5.0

is there a way I can upgrade the wolfSSL to latest version? 

I need to use wolfSSL for HTTPS communication with cURL, hence using latest version is required for me!

Would appreciate your quick help!

Thanks,

- Akhilesh

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

akhileshkg
Contributor II

Thanks Lukas!

so there is not a way out to update the wolfSSL ourselves; I mean if we want to do earlier than Q4!

0 Kudos

akhileshkg
Contributor II

Is it possible to deploy and use latest version of wolfSSL on the device ourselves? would appreciate if you suggest a way out, as its a priority activity for us.

Thanks,

Akhilesh

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Akhilesh,

I had quick discussion with SW team they suggested that if the new version have a few changes (no big difference in the structure) then it could be possible to update the library by yourself. But we haven't compare the versions yet. If there is a big reorganization of the files, it would take more effort and it would be better to wait for our next release of SDK.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

akhileshkg
Contributor II

Thanks Lukas

we will check on how bug change is there in two versions as you advise here.

Basically challenge with current version of wolfSSL that we are facing is while making a TLS client! There is a server version of sample code available in the nxp sample code. we were able to make run of server version with that making certain modification.

while we implement a TLS Client with wolfSSL in similar lines, our wolfSSL Connect call fails! TCP level connect with socket succeeds but wolfSSL connect fails.

we tried multiple ways but to no luck!

do you know if someone has faced similar problem; or implemented a TLS Client or HTTPS client making it to communicate with TLS server. 

Thanks for your support as always!

Akhilesh

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Akhilesh,

there were almost no questions about wolfssl until now, so can't really say. I'm afraid this question should be redirected rather to wolfssl communities.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Akhilesh,

wolfssl will be updated to the latest version in next release of S32DS later this year. Probably in Q4.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

biju_nair
Contributor III

Hi,

Any update on wolfSSL for S32K ? We are building a platform based on S32K3 controller and need to use MQTTS and HTTPS. 

Any help is appreciated.

Regards, Biju

0 Kudos