Setting ADC to Temperature Sensor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting ADC to Temperature Sensor

gearhead1107
Contributor IV

I'm trying to set my ADC component to use the S32's internal temperature sensor, however when setting the Input Channel, there's only options for channel AD0 - AD31, however the reference manual (ch38, Chip-specific ADC information) mentions that Vref and temp sensor should also be available. I assume I need to just manually set the ADC to the corresponding value, but is there a way to do it in Processor Expert?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ovidiualexandru
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi gearhead1107‌,

The temperature sensor of the K144 is not well documented. On newer chip revisions (maskset 0N57U) it's possible that it's not even included on-chip.

In the Reference Manual, on page 1921, "A.39.2 ADC module changes" there is a mention that the Temperature Sensor bullet was removed.

Unfortunately I cannot find any more information about this feature, as it seems it was a preliminary feature on early hardware revisions.

Best regards,

Ovidiu

0 Kudos

gearhead1107
Contributor IV

Making progress on this - figured out that you just need to set ADC0 to channel AD26 for temp input. The other options can be found in S32K144_features.h

#define ADC_INPUTCHAN_TEMP ADC_INPUTCHAN_AD26
#define ADC_INPUTCHAN_BANDGAP ADC_INPUTCHAN_AD27
#define ADC_INPUTCHAN_VREFSH ADC_INPUTCHAN_AD29
#define ADC_INPUTCHAN_VREFSL ADC_INPUTCHAN_AD30
#define ADC_INPUTCHAN_DISABLED ADC_INPUTCHAN_AD31

I'm still not 100% sure how to scale the ADC reading to temperature - so if someone could help there it would be great! 

0 Kudos