S32 DS auto rename the output flash image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 DS auto rename the output flash image?

cg0
Contributor II

Hello, I want to rename the flash image file's name after build the project. I find that in project settings, Build Steps menu have post-build steps command. But I can't find the format of the command, or introduce of this function.

The format of the flash image is "ProjectName"_"BuildTime".s19, such as MotorDriver_20190228_221006.s19.

Could you help me?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

unfortunately there is a bug (already logged) - post build steps are executed prior s-record file is generated. You can generate s-record with your own name in post build step: 

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

cg0
Contributor II

Hello Jiri

Thanks,

It works. but the name now can only be fixed name or use $ which still is a fixed name.

Could the file name auto changed according to the date and time when build the project? although the will lead the file big, but it can be under control.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I see - I didn't get that you like to add time stamp into file name - sorry. So, in this case - you need to add your commands into shell script - in attachment. Copy script into folder where your  .elf file is generated (for example Debug_FLASH) and add script and project name as an argument into post build steps: 

pastedImage_1.png

After build you can find .srec file like this: 

pastedImage_2.png

Jiri

0 Kudos

cg0
Contributor II

hello Jiri

Thanks a lot. Yes, this is what I want to achieve.

0 Kudos