Specify Design Studio toolchain

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify Design Studio toolchain

Pete66
Contributor I

I have a BuildEnv based Makefile build which is configured to use a specific toolchain.

The Makefile uses the compiler command:

COMPILER_EXE = arm-none-eabi-gcc

& path environment has been set such that the correct toolchain's arm-none-eabi-gcc is used.

I want to use Design Studio for ease of compile/test/rework.

I have imported the Makefile without issue but the build fails as -lc cannot be found.

I hope that this issue will be resolved once I point Design Studio at my toolchain.

I cannot figure out the toolchain editor (Properties->C/C++ Builder->Tool Chain Editor)

In order of bests solutions, how would I:

(1) Select my Tool Chain folder using project configurations?

(2) Modifying Windows path

I don't want to edit the Makefile (specify full path) as this is the controlled formal build & it would be frowned on.

Also if anyone knows how to remove the -lc error. I have not specified a 'c' library as far as I can see.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the Design studio already contains gcc for ARM - is there reason why you are using your own version? 

Anyway, you need to specify path to your STD C (your project probably uses some functions from STD C)  library in project properties:

jiri_kral_0-1616149731492.png

Jiri

0 Kudos

Pete66
Contributor I

Thanks.

I do not have those settings, see image below. Clicked on all the settings & no mention of 'Linker' (no Tool tab). Using Design Studio 2.2 freshly installed this week.ide.jpg

Perhaps because I Imported from Makefile rather than created? If I need to Create (a project normally) & then over write the Makefile that's ok. 

I need to use the project's defined tool chain & so therefore the request.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

you can create new empty project (S32DS Application Project) and move your code inside this project. Unfortunately - S32DS create new Makefile for project for each new build. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos