The same project compiled with DEBUG and DEBUG RAM has different content

1111.png2222.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

it looks, that in linker file script for RAM target are not defined symbols mentioned in linker errors. It is possible share your project? 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

lubo_NEW
Contributor III
Spoiler

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

it looks that you aren't using memory.dld linker script file for _RAM target. Unfortunately I don't have DIAB compiler on my machine and can't test it. Please check the differences in Project properties -> Linker settings for Debug and RAM target. The memory.dld is the clue. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

lubo_NEW
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply. Could you please help me to see what the problem is with another mistake as shown in the picture11111.png

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi lubo,

The problem you observe with Debug RAM build is that there are sections in the Debug Configuration (Flash) that are not present in RAM build (typically reset vector section, ROM->RAM copy sections,...)

Since your Debug (Flash) build configuration project startup routines rely on custom linker symbols that contain e.g addresses or of these sections (OS_NONCACHE_BSS_START...) - these symbols are missing for RAM configuration.

You need to define these symbols in 57xx_ram.dld linker file and probably use conditional compilation to skip startup ROM->RAM copy-down routines for RAM project.

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

lubo_NEW
Contributor III

Why does Debug compile not produce an error, while Debug RAM compile does

0 Kudos