jinshuaixu
Contributor V

use software is below

pastedImage_4.png

in A2L file, select “properties” and than  select MAP file

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Please advise how to configure this file when configuring it.

thank you for you helping.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

nxppower912935
Contributor IV

Hi,

you need the .map file. It's generated by S32DS.

Regards

0 Kudos

jinshuaixu
Contributor V

Hi  Schreier

.map file is not executable file. "Vector ASAP2 Editor" FAE tell me thatl  l must import executable file .S32DS software  executable file is    .elf  file format.

l  used  "codewarrior IDE" software ago, it is executable is .abs file,so l think S32DS is also import executable file. do you have tested that  use S32DS  sofetware  to  generate .map file to import "Vector ASAP2 Editor"? can you give me some detailed operation procedures? thank you ,please  youy give me more help.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

from features description I can see that Vector ASAP2 Editor can accept linker map file or  IEEE, ELF/DWARF, COFF and PDB debug files format. I don't know what you are trying to do - but in my opinion - you can open with Vector ASPS2 Editor .map or .elf  (and other formats) file. From screenshot it looks like that you are trying open .elf file instead .map file - but I'm guessing. I never used this software. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm not familiar with Vector ASAP2 Editor - but isn't it asking for .map file? Map file is in the same directory as .elf file in your S32DS Project. 

0 Kudos

jinshuaixu
Contributor V

Hi  Kral

In s32ds  .map file is not executable file. "Vector ASAP2 Editor" FAE tell me thatl  l must import executable file.            whether S32DS software  executable file is    .elf  file format?  l think it is.please you give more helping , l am very thank you for you response.

0 Kudos