cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS Missing platform/devices folder after generating code

l_sanz
Contributor I

Hello everybody,

I'm creating a new S32DS application project and I'm having some issues with the base project.

Note that I have installed the correct Device pack and the 4.0.3 SDK beforehand.

First of all I create a new project and check that it compiles. Then I create a new board configuration with the code generator tool and configure the UART pins and peripheral. I click on Update Code button and generate the new code.

When I compile the new code it throws an error about missing header files (status.h)

I have checked other example projects and I have seen that they include a folder named "device" in <project_root>/SDK/platform/ that is not found in my project. I only have the "drivers" folder inside /platform/

Any idea why my project configurator is not adding these files to my project?

Thank you in advance!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies

aurrutia
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I have found the same issue, I am working with the family S32K1 (S32K144). I have just downloaded S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform
Version: 3.5.

I follow the link: HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED example project using S32K1xx RTD without AUTOSAR and I can see that I have all the necesary firmware installed for the correct working of the IDE.

• S32K1 RTD AUTOSAR 4.4
  • S32K1xxx development packages

when I take an example from the SDK (this project is correctly generated and takes into account the folder platform/devices) and worked as expected when I built it. But when I create a new project (S32DS Application Project), I can't attach the SDK in the configuration of the proyect and the final result when I finish the process is that the project doesn't have this folder generated.

Any idea that what could be happening in my IDE?.

Best Regards,

Aitor

0 Kudos

l_sanz
Contributor I

Hi Aitor,

In the end I gave up on creating a new blank project and directly created a project from example (hello_world) and started from there using SDK Configuration Tool.

Best regards,

Laura.

0 Kudos

aurrutia
Contributor I

Hi Laura,

I think that I have the response for our problems. In my case the SDK 4.0 RTM for my microcontroler needed the gcc 6.3 for the correct generation of the code. So in the rest of the cases gcc 9.x AND 10.X doesn't work in my case.

Best Regards,

Aitor

0 Kudos

l_sanz
Contributor I

Hi @VaneB and @mikedoidge 

I'm using a S32K118 MCU for development. I have installed everything related to my MCU. There was no option to install S32K1 RTD AUTOSAR 4.4.

Captura.JPG

When creating the project if I select the the GCC9.2 then in the SDK selection menu I don't have PlatformSDK_S32K1_2022_02_S32K118_M4F like specified in step 7.

Everything else I do like the tutorial says. Could it be that I need to download and install something more?

Thank you very much for the help!

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @l_sanz 

Which version of S32DS are you using?
Regarding the S32K1 RTD AUTOSAR 4.4. you can download it from this link: Real-Time Drivers for S32K1 

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @l_sanz,

Since I don't know which device you are working with, I can't be more specific. However, I believe you are missing some step which sets up the device data in the S32 Configuraton Tools. Most likely this is not happening so the 'device' folder is not created when you perform 'Update Code'. Please review one of the following HOWTO articles to see if you can identify what step you missed. They are all very similar, so please select the one which matches or is closest to the device you are using for the most relevant details. Each one walks through the steps to create a new application project and use the SDK to blink an LED on the EVB. 

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED example project using S32K1xx RTD with AUTOSAR 

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED example project using S32K1xx RTD without AUTOSAR 

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED application project for S32G using S32 RTD No AUTOSAR 

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED application project for S32G using S32 RTD with AUTOSAR 

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED application project for S32R45 using S32 RTD No AUTOSAR 

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED application project for S32R45 using S32 RTD with AUTOSAR 

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED application project for S32R41 using S32 RTD No AUTOSAR 

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED application project for S32R41 using S32 RTD AUTOSAR 

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @l_sanz 

Can you tell us the MCU that you are using?

0 Kudos