S32DS Install Stuck on Key Verification (Arch Linux)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS Install Stuck on Key Verification (Arch Linux)

mootikins
Contributor I

Trying to install Design Studio on EndeavourOS (an Arch derivative).

After getting the installer to run, I can get as far as the license and then things get stuck. If it's the first time I've run it since booting, I enter my key but the window that says I don't have a license and to enter the key into the popup never changes. If I kill it and retry, it instead hangs at "Checking if you already ahve SW32_S32DS_3.4 license..." as shown in attached image.

3 Replies

eruppel
Contributor I

For the record, I experienced this same problem on (native) Ubuntu 20.04 and S32 Design Studio version 3.5. The installer hangs after entering an access code. Whatever the problem is, it's being carried through to newer versions of S32DS.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

from your post is not obvious if you already entered sudo password in console - as requested by installer. If  you started install process from terminal - there should be request for sudo password. If from some file manager - the terminal window is probably some on the background. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

mootikins
Contributor I

Yes, I had entered sudo password already. Sorry for missing that detail.

I was able to reproduce the issue in a Docker environment that follows the steps outlined in the Getting Started Guide's section on Linux requirements .

FROM ubuntu:18.04

RUN echo "deb [trusted=yes] http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic main universe" >> /etc/apt/sources.list

RUN DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive && \
    dpkg --add-architecture i386 && \
    apt update && \
    DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt install -y --no-install-recommends \
        lib32z1 \
        libbz2-1.0:i386 \
        libc6:i386 \
        libmpfr6:i386 \
        libncurses5:i386 \
        libncursesw5:i386 \
        libstdc++6:i386 \
        libx11-6:i386 \
        libxpm4:i386 \
        \
        openjdk-8-jre \
        openjfx \
        \
        build-essential \
        \
        libcanberra-gtk-module \
        libcanberra-gtk3-module \
        libwebkitgtk-1.0-0 \
        \
        tcl \
        \
        dos2unix \
        libpython2.7:i386 \
        python2.7 \
        \
        libgtk2.0-0:i386 \
        libstdc++6:i386 \
        libxtst6:i386 \
        \
        curl \
        sudo \
        xauth \
	&& \
	ln -s /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncursesw.so.5 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncursesw.so.6 && \
	ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmpfr.so.6 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmpfr.so.4 && \
	ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncursesw.so.5 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libncursesw.so.6 && \
	ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.5 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.6 && \
	\
	curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/pip/2.7/get-pip.py --output get-pip.py && \
	python2.7 get-pip.py && \
	\
	pip2 install enum34 \
	;

COPY S32DS.3.4_b201217_linux.x86_64.bin ./

RUN useradd -m worker && echo "worker:worker" | chpasswd && adduser worker sudo
USER worker

After building the container, one can use `xauth list | head -n1` to get a xauth token for their X Server and run `touch ~/.Xauthority && xauth add <COPIED TOKEN>` to allow the container to forward the X window. Then running `./S32DS.3.4_b201217_linux.x86_64.bin` will start the GUI installer in the host machine, prompting for the sudoer password after a few prompts.

After putting the activation key in, the same problem arises where it hangs up on key authorization.

0 Kudos