cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio Project Location Can't Contain Symbol Error

myselfgokul
Contributor I

Hello Team,

We installed S32 Design Studio by following the installation guide provided. But it's throwing error saying (Project location can't contain symbol:" ") while we try to create a new project or try to run example projects. The project path doesn't contain any symbols. Please find the attachment.

We have installed S32 DS in two different PCs with the same activation code. It works fine in one PC and the other one throws this error. Does it requires different activation code for different system? . If not , can you help us to resolve the issue.

4 Replies

autolan22
Contributor III

I have the same trouble!

0 Kudos

autolan22
Contributor III

I have found solutions.

solution1: 
Open your S32DS's install dir, and the examples are inside there. 
For example, my S32DS's install dir is : C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software\PlatformSDK_S32K3_2021_10\SW32K3_RTD_4_4_1_0_0_D2110

Solution2:
Change your workspace path: File -> Switch Workspace -> Other...
Snipaste_2022-04-01_17-10-34.png

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

please use workspace name and path to workspace without spaces (you can replace space for example by _ character). 

Jiri 

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gokul,

There is no attachment. Could you please share the screen capture of the error message?

If the error is occurring after launching S32 Design Studio, then there should be some clues in the log file. Please share the log file: "C:\Users\<windows username>\workspaceS32DS.3.4\.metadata\.log" 

Are you using different installation settings between the two PCs? Does the Windows login account on each PC have different permissions?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos