cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate S32 design studio project version 3.4 to version 3.5

chrgu
Contributor I

Hi,

Is it possible to migrate a project created (mex-file with RTD) in version 3.4 of S32 design studio to version 3.5 of design studio? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Should be feasible, you just need to have the same RTD version installed in both versions, since the *.mex file is linked to the RTD version of use. Once migrated, you will be prompted with the following warning:

DanielAguirre_0-1694542913101.png

Still, you might encounter some non-defined behaviors. If you encounter any problems, we instead recommend creating a new project under v3.5 then start migrating your configuration and code. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

chrgu
Contributor I
Thanks, for the reply.
The idea was to also update to latest drivers but I guess in that case you need to create a new project. There isn't a way to retrive the setting you have configured for the e.g. a PWM module to add them back to the new one?
0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We see that you might be able to copy the required section of the previous *.mex file to the new *.mex file, as shown below:

DanielAguirre_0-1694626446220.png

Where we copy the same structure of the previous *.mex file to the new *.mex file. As a note, we need to reload the project for the configurations to take effect.

This is just a possibility and not recommend by NXP, since you could encounter situations where newer RTD's have new features (or deprecated some features) which might create problems. Since there are no current guidelines for copying configurations from *.mex to *.mex file, we cannot ensure the correct functionality. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos