I have installed S32 Design Studio to experiment and try out IDE and S9KEAZN8AMTG device that I have on hand now.
I'm familar with LPCExpresso with low cost debugger/programmer device (Link2) that I used for various LPC devices and projects.
The price for JLINK is indeed expensive, is there low cost alternative for light use. We want to experience this device if they suitable for our application before we splash out industrial JLINK.
(1) I can see JLINK EDU is might be all I need, cost 60 Euro correct?
(2) It very tempting to look into JLINK clone from ebay, can this be used?. Has anyone used this device and work fine?.
(3) EVAL board TRK-KEA8, can they debug external device, cost 45 Euro, will S32 design studio support this?, I do not see this listed in feature sheet only JLINK and P&E device
I created new S32DS project (SKEAZN8, for S9KEAZN8AMTG) and could not find OpenSDA in debugger list, it only shown PE Micro GDB server and Degger J-Link GDB Server. I'm lost there.
I do not see demo code or example code for SKEAZN8 or N64 version from EVAL board.
I have ordered FRDM-KEA128
if you want to use OpenSDA, you will choose PE Micro GDB server.
Unfortunately, there are only examples for KEA128 in S32 Design Studio, but these examples could be used with little modification also for KEA8 and KEA64.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to write me back.
1) Yes I checked directly at Segger website and it is correct. SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - J-Link EDU. Another low cost variant is isystem. http://www.isystem.com/products/hardware/cortex-debugger/itag
2) I do not know, I do not have any experience with JLINK clone.
3) TRK KEA has On-board openSDA debugging and programming which is supported by S32 Design Studio. In this case you do not need any external debug probe.