cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing S32CT standalone

Jump to solution
FvO
Contributor I

In the release notes document "S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform 3.5 Update 6 RTM", there is a new line item for:

"S32 Configuration Tools now can be installed independent from S32DS platform."

However, I haven't been able to find any installation instructions for using the S32 Configuration Tools standalone in either the S32DS manual or the S32CT release notes. Are there any installation instructions available?

I are trying to use the S32CT standalone in CLI mode with CMake, and would therefore like to be able to use the tools without needing to install the entire S32DS on my system.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @FvO ,  @Daniel-Aguirre ,

The note "S32 Configuration Tools now can be installed independent from S32DS platform." is mistake in the document. 

The S32 configuration tools is not available to use standalone it can be use only with S32DS. 

Thank you. Best regards.

-Mehul Patel 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @FvO ,  @Daniel-Aguirre ,

The note "S32 Configuration Tools now can be installed independent from S32DS platform." is mistake in the document. 

The S32 configuration tools is not available to use standalone it can be use only with S32DS. 

Thank you. Best regards.

-Mehul Patel 

0 Kudos
FvO
Contributor I

Thanks, Mehul. Are there any plans to create standalone installers in the future?

Felix

0 Kudos
FvO
Contributor I

Hi Daniel, thanks for the response. It would be massively beneficial to my team to have standalone installers for the S32CT, especially for modern software development workflows with heavy usage of CI/CD. We would like to avoid having to install the entire S32DS toolchain just to generate these configurations if possible.

Cheers,

Felix

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Let us investigate further on this topic, since we are not seeing any standalone installers (as you are saying) for S32CT itself. There is one for the S32 Flash Tool, but not the whole S32CT.

Please, let us know.