cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of S32 Design Studio responds User Interface Mode Not Supported

Noname01
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to start some development for i.MX7 architecture, so I tried to install S32 Design Studio on my Ubuntu virtual machine. I checked the documentation (looks like it is pretty old) Installed all according to documentation and accommodated it to my system (Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS) and run the installer. But there happen right after start that there appears following text:

=======================================================

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid UI modes identifiers are GUI, Console, and Silent.

I tried to use the -i option followed by Console or Silent mode but only the error which I've got was following:

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

Unable to load and to prepare the installer in console or silent mode.

So I would like to ask you in such situation if you have experience with such issue and if you know how to fix it. Also I would like to ask you if I am using here the correct IDE and if there is some alternative (especially for creating IVT and other similar stuff.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Maddy_Rakesh
Contributor I

Hi @jiri_kral 

Is there any update on it - 

As when tried to install in Ubuntu laptop - the installation process gets freezed in "Checking the License".. Kindly do the needful.

image.png

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

sorry for delay. Unfortunately console mode is not supported in S32DS. S32DS can be installed only through GUI. Sorry for inconvenience. 

0 Kudos

Kapila
Contributor II

It is not getting installed in Ubuntu 22.04 also. Any one can help me. Thanks. Kanakaraju

Noname01
Contributor I

I have unfortunately still have not as much experience as I would like to, but I suggest you to use free alternatives. There is ARM GCC for Linux which can be used and text editor or IDE of your choice. Do not expect this will be fixed ever. NXP support unfortunately sucks, documentation has poor quality (I have personally read a big part of the i.MX7 one, security manual isn't available for public, getting NDA is problematic for single person and I have got no information about implementation dependent parts of GIC for instance, not talking about other implementation parts of processors details). 
Although I will be working with NXP because I have studied some documentation here and did some time on it, according to a brief check of another companies documentation I suggest you to try Renesas and/or Microchip who looks like they have a bit better approach to the documentation.

Btw. the fact about the support is underlined by fact that I had quite a big issue to even login here. Verification code was generated for several times before I was successful.

0 Kudos