cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install wizard not popping up

Bananajoe
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to install S32 power-pc (S32DS_Power_Linux_v2.1.bin) on ubuntu. I have followed the instructions here

First I tried to install it using the -i console option, but that did not work.....

I was forced to install ubuntu-desktop unfortunately. Now I am stuck.

The problem is that the install wizard is never popping up. Only the first window:

S32_install_problem.PNG

So it will freeze here forever. Any suggestions?

Versions etc.
devops01@bygg05:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
Release: 20.04
Codename: focal
devops01@bygg05:~$

devops01@bygg05:~$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_275"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_275-8u275-b01-0ubuntu1~20.04-b01)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.275-b01, mixed mode)

devops01@bygg05:~$ python --version
Python 3.8.5

Regards,
Mathias

0 Kudos
8 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

is there some error message in console? Can you please share install log? It is in your home/NXP/S32DS_***/_S32_Design_studio_***.  ***-> based on your S3DS Version.

Jiri 

0 Kudos

Bananajoe
Contributor III

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for support!

I never get that far and no log is created. I just get to the indefinite popup. I do not have any NXP folder in home. This is my console:

devops01@bygg05:~/Download$ ./S32DS_Power_Linux_v2.1.bin
Preparing to install
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Well - please make sure that you install all additional packages required for Linux host - you can find it in installation guide - https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?agree=Accept&element=10944607 

It is possible that not all required 32 bit packages are present on your machine. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

Bananajoe
Contributor III

Hi again,

That link does not seem to work for me. I get redirected to:

https://www.nxp.com/mynxp/apps

Regards, Mathias

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You have to be signed into your account on NXP.com for the link to work. First login, then try the link.

If this does not work, the Installation Guide is located in the same place where you downloaded the S32DS Installer.

Mike

0 Kudos

Bananajoe
Contributor III

Hi,

Yes, I followed that guide. Everything went well except I remember I had some problems with libwebkitgtk-1.0-0 since this version is not included for Ubuntu 20.04, only libwebkitgtk 2.x.x is included. But I managed to get it manually. Perhaps this is the problem?

Maybe the S32DS is not compatible with Ubuntu 20.04 ? Have you tested installing it on this version of Ubuntu ?

Regards,
Mathias

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mathias,

The S32DS 3.4 does not support Ubuntu 20.04, though we do have plans to add this support in the future.

You can find a list of the supported OS versions in the S32DS_Release_Notes.pdf, which is located on the website where you downloaded the installation file and as well once S32DS is installed in the folder: {Installation Path}\Release_Notes\

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Bananajoe
Contributor III

anyone?

0 Kudos