How S32 Design Studio for Arm compare with KDS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How S32 Design Studio for Arm compare with KDS

andrewmeyerbti
Contributor III

I made the mistake of starting a project in KDS only to find support for KDS discontinued shortly thereafter.    The MCU's I am working with are KEA automotive versions, which do not seem to be supported by MCUXpresso, but by S32 Design Studio.   I am using USBDM for communicating between KDS and my hardware.

KDS and S32 are both based on Eclipse Luna, so I think possibly the transition may not be so difficult.

Can anyone with experience in both KDS and S32 comment on the differences between the two IDEs, or on how difficult it is to port a project for KDS to S32?

Thank You

Labels (1)
2 Replies

andrewmeyerbti
Contributor III

Yes, I do need the processor expert capability for a while yet.  Eventual goal is to re-write everything autosar compliant, but things have to keep moving until then.  Has anything changed since the last answer?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andrew,

Would you please let us know if you still want to use Processor Expert?
SDK for KEA-128 in S32DS doesn't contain processor expert.

If you need it - KDS is good choice.(But there is no SDK for KEA in KDS)

If you don't need it, you can download the SDK( FRDM-KEA Quick start package (REV 8 ) )from FRDM-KEAZ128: KEA Freedom Evaluation Board.

FRDM-KEA-QSP MCU.png
Please use S32DS-ARM: S32 Design Studio IDE open these examples. You can download the latest S32 Design Studio for Arm 2018.R1 – Windows/Linux(REV 2018-R1).

But the FRDM-KEA Quick start package (REV 8 ) download from that link was broken at the moment. Please submit a Support Requestsand comment: assign to Robin Shen, so that my colleague will transfer your case to me.

Then I can send this file to you through case.

Sorry for the inconvenience we bring you!

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------