cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot compile the built-in example

Jump to solution
roger_davis
Contributor II

I am wanting a good example for the Watchdog on the S32K146 so I selected New->S32DS Project from Example and installed the wdog_interrupt_S32k146 project.

I then tried building the project and I get compile errors on main.c not being able to find include files such as Cpu.h, clockMan1.h, pin_mux.h.  When I perform a search of the entire NXP/S32DS_ARM_v2.2 directory those files don't seem to exist anywhere.  I have a good install because I have been using the setup for various projects.

I almost don't care if the project actually builds because all I want is to be able to get it to generate the WDOG_DRV_xxx functions, or any other WDOG function, so that I can see how it works to incorporate it into my project.

So, I just want to get past the errors on the includes to be able to build the example and look at the generated code.

I also noticed that the project "include paths" in Tool Settings expects S32_SDK_Path to be defined. I have no way of knowing if it is.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
roger_davis
Contributor II

I figured out the problem. When I selected New->S32DS Project from Example, I should have selected New->S32DS Application Project and then followed to dialogs to select the processor family and which example project.  From there, everything worked.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
roger_davis
Contributor II

I figured out the problem. When I selected New->S32DS Project from Example, I should have selected New->S32DS Application Project and then followed to dialogs to select the processor family and which example project.  From there, everything worked.