Building projects from the command line.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building projects from the command line.

axb
Contributor II

How to Build project using command line make in windows? Does any tool chain of s32 Design studio support this?

5 Replies

ningwang
Contributor III

Or how to use linux command line to create a makefile project for the existing projects?

0 Kudos

ningwang
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

I meet the same problem. I want to build the MPC5748g project under command line. This project can build in S32 studio IED(linux version), and create a DEBUD/ folder, and in command line(linux version) the project can build. But if I don't have the DEBUG/ folder, how to generate the DEBUG/ or RELEASE/ under command line in linux, but not windows?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a standard feature in Eclipse to use it in command line mode (e.g. to import and build projects) which should apply to the S32DS too. Have a read at

Building Projects with Eclipse from the Command Line | MCU on Eclipse 

This extends to extra Eclipse plugins like Processor Expert too: Eclipse Command Line Code Generation with Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

axb
Contributor II

Thanks

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

there are two possibilities. The easiest way is let the S32DS generate for you all makefiles. In this case you can use command line GNU tools for build. Disadvantage is that S32DS overwrite makefiles when project is build from S32DS and also you have to maintain makefiles manually for any change in project. 

Second way is write your own makefiles for GNU tools.