startup on reset

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

startup on reset

RChapman
Contributor I

This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:01 am    

this is a very newbie question so bear with me....

am trying to compile a very simple i/o routine for my mc9s12c32 board from technological arts (NC12MAXC32)

am writing in assembly using the latest version of Codewarrior IDE for HC12
am writing to chip with ubug12

am using the default library from CW (MC9S12C32.inc)

the problem is: code runs great with switch in 'load' position and launched from ubug12 with 'go' command but code will not run when switch is in 'run ' position and reset button is pressed.

my limited knowledge tells me that i must have a problem with an interrupt vector or my memory usage, but truthfully i am at a loss - Any help you can lend would be greatly appreciated..... Question

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:40 pm    

How are you programming the chip? Are you doing it in hyperterminal or Ubug12 via a RS232 port? If there is some underlying program in there that loads when the chip is started it may need some command that triggers how it will function like your Go command in ubug. The reset vector is probably pointed at that startup program. You should take a look at any documentation they gave you to see what you can find out about how the chip is set to startup. I'd take a look at getting the P&E USB kit assuming you have money to throw around as it's a great package to do work in assembly for the HCS12.
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:41 pm    

programming is with ubug over RS232, minimal docs came with board - i think 'dbug12' is supposed to be loaded in the 'protected' memory area - any thoughts on how i can get this working?

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:27 am    

Did you put the _Startup routine as reset vector in your .prm file ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies