cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XGATE CAN Driver

IanM
Contributor I
Hello,

Is the source code available that is detailed in doc AN2716.pdf (XGATE Library: CAN Driver) and if so where can I get a copy?

Also when an interrupts has been serviced by the XGATE what is the best way to signal this to the core CPU i.e. by a flag or an interrupt, Are any examples available.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Steve
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
It's AN2726 and the software is available for downloading here. It's probably easiest to do a search on AN2726 and find the link to the software.
There is an API for the CPU that allows it to find the status of CAN messages but you can also send an interrupt from the XGATE to the CPU - this is the CAN_RECEIVE_NOTIFICATION macro. The software includes hooks to allow the CPU to receive the interrupt.
It depends on your application what approach to use. In general, you'll probably find that the API is a perfect solution to managing the CAN mailbox and an interrupt from the XGATE would only be useful if your interested in particular CAN events (in which case I would recommend that you use the XGATE to identify the condition and interrupt the CPU only when that occurs.)
0 Kudos