XEP100 COP Problems: (a)  COP test example, (b) RC value

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XEP100 COP Problems: (a)  COP test example, (b) RC value

jianglei
Contributor I

Recently, I used the COP function, and found that the routine can not got to COP ISR after reset by COP.

The schematic of the reset function is as below, and the waveform of RST pin is also given. I have referred some discussion in he community, and the datasheet. I think that the RST voltage waveform is correct for COP application. The RST voltage decreased to zero and kept 126 clocks, and then increased to 5V rapidly, which means that the the increasing time is much smaller than 64 clocks.  So, I do not know why the COP ISR is not handled.  Pls give one correct routine example to let me test whether my routine is correct. Also, pls give the proper value of R18 and C25 for using COP.  The following waveform is gotten  when R18 = 5K1, C25= 0.5nF.  

174505_174505.pngpastedImage_1.png

174506_174506.pngpastedImage_2.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

jianglei
Contributor I

martynek‌  Thank a lot.  It is ok after using your routine. 

0 Kudos

martynek
Contributor II

Hi

An example project is attached.

I hope this will finally help you.

Daniel

0 Kudos

jianglei
Contributor I

Hi, Dan Martynek,

I have tested it with you advise, it would not go into the cop isr. 

Could you give us a example which is tested ok.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

martynek
Contributor II

Hi

Modify your linker file “prm\Project.prm”.

Uncomment the VECTOR 2 Cop_Isr line. It should help.

/* use these definitions in plane of the vector table ('vectors') above */

VECTOR 0 _Startup /* reset vector: this is the default entry point for a C/C++ application. */

//VECTOR 2 COP_Isr

//VECTOR 0 Entry  /* reset vector: this is the default entry point for an Assembly application. */

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos

jianglei
Contributor I

The frequency of external oscillator is 16MHz.   The internal frequency by PLL is 32MHz.

0 Kudos

jianglei
Contributor I

Hi Dan Martynek,  thanks for you reply.

The attachment is the routine we used. 

0 Kudos

martynek
Contributor II

Hi

In order to be able to go to COP ISR after reset the resistors and capacitors connected to a reset pin must meet some specific requirements. You can calculate them using a calculator provided at:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330437

The problem might be caused by software because the waveform seems to be good, so please provide your code as well as a linker file and the frequency of your oscillator.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos