What is the most popular FlexRay Communication Controller for now?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most popular FlexRay Communication Controller for now?

stephenchen
Contributor II

As the official website says,MFR4310 is Not Recommended for New Design,Which one is the best replacement?

There is the same question for the FlexRay MCUs(MC9S12XF).

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

In fact, FlexRay is supported by these automotive MCUs:

MPC5668x, MPC564xL, MPC560xP, MPC5674F, MPC5673F, MPC5644A, MPC5643A, MPC5642A, MPC5744P, MPC5748G, MPC5747C, MPC5747G, MPC5748C, MPC5748G, MPC5746M MPC5642A,  PC577xK, S12XF

Automotive Selector Guide:

http://www.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/selector_guide/SG187.pdf

The simplest MPC with FlaxRay is probably MPC560xP or one of MPC5644A, MPC5643A, MPC5642A MCUs. From newer MCUs I could recommend for example MPC5744P.

The S12XF family is not recommended for new designs, but it is still part of our Longevity program and S12XF should be available at least until 2024-03 (at least 15 years from Product Launch):

http://www.nxp.com/about/technology-leadership/product-longevity:PRDCT_LONGEVITY_HM

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stephenchen
Contributor II

Hi,RadekS

Thank you very much for your reply!

I have another question.

When the Communication Controller(MFR4310) is lauched?

MFR4310 is not automotive part,so it should be available in just 10 years from its lauch,not 15 years. Is that right?

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

I am not sure now about the MFR4310 launch date.

However the Longevity program contains only selected MCU product families and MFR4310 is not there.

We don’t have specified minimum availability for MFR4310. The NXP will products this device as long as the market demand is not low.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

stephenchen
Contributor II

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

I'm afraid there won't be a replacement for these parts.FlexRay seems not to be so spread in automotive as other communication such as CAN and LIN. It's hard to predict for how long the parts will be in production, but i suppose it will stay as long as the market demand is not low.

Regards,

iggi

stephenchen
Contributor II

thank you very much! your reply is very helpful,thank you

0 Kudos