cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace32

hamedvalipour
Contributor I

Hi

I have a Lauterbach Trace 32 programmer. Can I use this to program and debug Freescale S9S12G128MLL 16-bit micro controller?

Best Regards

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
8 Replies

gary_lu1
Contributor II

Hello,

I meet a problem when programming .s19 file with trace 32 for MCU S12G128. .s19 file is in physical address. How to solve this issue?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

rweiss
Contributor IV

Hi Gary,

please explain the problem in more detail.

0 Kudos

gary_lu1
Contributor II

For S12G128 MCU, memory address can be located as local and global memory map.

Trace32 default script file(flash.cmm) seems support local memory map, when I want to program .s19 file with global memory map by flash.cmm, programming process will be failed.

2020-03-18_154707.png

0 Kudos

rweiss
Contributor IV

Hi Gary,

the flash script should not be required in this case, just load the file like this:

SYStem.RESet
SYStem.CPU AUTO ;or replace AUTO with the processor name
SYStem.Up
FLASH.AUTO ALL
Data.LOAD.S1 <file> G:
FLASH.AUTO OFF
Register.RESet

If the flash programming result is still not as expected, please check the loaded address ranges using

sYmbol.List.MAP

and try to program again using Data.LOAD with option /FLAT:

Data.LOAD.S1 <file> G: /FLAT

Best regards,

Reinhard

0 Kudos

gary_lu1
Contributor II

Hello Reinhard,

I try like follows, it works for programming. Thank you.

SYStem.RESet
SYStem.CPU AUTO
SYStem.Up
FLASH.AUTO ALL
Data.LOAD.S1 <file> G:
FLASH.AUTO OFF
Register.RESet

0 Kudos

rweiss
Contributor IV

Hi,

TRACE32 provides support for S9S12G128. If your TRACE32 system can support this processor, depends on which TRACE32 debug module and debug cable you have. If you already used it to debug/program other processors of the S12 family, S9S12G128 should be supported as well, or can be supported by software upgrade. In this case, software maintenance might be required to use the software update.

If you used TRACE32 to debug some other architecture, you will have to purchase a debug cable for this architecture.

Please send your question and the serial numbers of debug module and debug cable to support@lauterbach.com. We will tell you what is required to add support for the S12 family to your existing hardware.

hamedvalipour
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.

In fact I have two micro controllers MC9S12XEG128MAL and S9S12G128MLL that I want to program and debug. My application is automotive. Which compiler and programmer (debuger) do you recommend?

Best Regards

0 Kudos

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If the product you have is the same as the one at the following link, then it seems like it would not work with any of Freescale devices:

TRACE32® MIPS32 Trace

At the bottom of the page you can see the list of the supported MCUs.

And also, the number in the product name most probably means it is addressed for 32-bit MCUs. The S12G128 (and S12(X) family) has 16-bit architecture.

Regards,

iggi

0 Kudos