cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Communications not working correctly

rayhall
Contributor V

Hello,

I am new to Freescale products, and have been using Atmel AVR in the past. I have
the EVB9S12XEP100 and trying to lean how things are done. I used Processor Expert
to create the  code for the serial communications. The code below does send data, but
all I get is garbage. Baud rate for code and terminal software are the same.

This is all the code TestComms.zip

Ray.

const uint8_t okay[6] = {0x24,0x4F,0x6B,0x61,0x79,0x7E};   // "$Okay~"//------------------------ Delay ------------------------------static void delay(void) {  volatile unsigned long i;  for(i=0;i<50000;i++);}//---------------------- USART TxString -----------------------void USART_TxString(const uint8_t StringPtr[], uint16_t len){   while (len--) // send len bytes   {      if (AS1_SendChar(*StringPtr) == ERR_OK){                     StringPtr++;      }   }}//------------------------- Main ------------------------------------void main(void){   PE_low_level_init();    for(;;){       delay();      USART_TxString(okay, 6);         }
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

rayhall
Contributor V

Problem solved. Used the SendBlock function.

Thanks for all the help..:smileywink:

0 Kudos

rayhall
Contributor V

Okay I have found the cause. Jumpers J111 and J112 were not set correctly, and the wrong clock source was selected.

I still have a problem. I am not receiving the full number of bytes.  Only getting the first one or two. The same code worked with AVR, so do not understand why.

Ray.

0 Kudos