Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Mode

limchae-sul
Contributor I

MCU: MC9S12ZVL32

Hi, 

We verify firmware in EOL(End Of Line) of product line.

By the way, occur to error showing message "$00000007" and lighting "Security" LED in cyclone pro.

Also, show message "Device is secure. Erase to unsecure?" in progs12zz cyclone and codewarrior.

And this product doesn't work.

Is this product status "Security Mode"?

Security.png

progs12zz_cyclone.PNG

0 Kudos
4 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The MCU is secured after reset when the SEC bit-field in the Flash configuration filed is erased (0b11).

I would say that the MCU is mass erased and during programming the Cyclone detects an error, resets the MCU and it ends up secured.

Cyclone PRO is not an NXP product. I would recommend contacting PE Micro support for more details about the error number. 

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

limchae-sul
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

I have a question.

1. Before click the 'YES' button. After is already mass erased the MCU flash memory?   

2. In this case, Can be secured the MCU?

-. complete to write program -> Unknown error during operating product -> the MCU is secured after power on/off

Thanks.

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

When the MCU is mass erased and reset, the MCU goes in to secured state because the SEC bit-field in the Flash configuration filed then reads 0b11. I think the error occurs after the mass erase operation but before the SEC bit-field gets reprogrammed.

Regards,

Daniel 

0 Kudos

limchae-sul
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

I have a question.

1. When the MCU is secured, Do not work to MCU? Our product do not work.

2. I can make to secured status, When use "Flash File To Target" in codewarrior. This product is normal operate, but the MCU is secured.

(refer to attach picture)

3. What is difference between 1 and 2?

Thanks.

-. refer 

File To Target.PNG

0 Kudos