Reading Configuration Registers in Linux

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Configuration Registers in Linux

illini
Contributor I
First of all, I know am using a 32 bit processor (MPC8248), but I do not see any 32 bit processor forum.  Is there a forum for 32 bit processors? 

Are there any Linux utilities to read/set the Memory-Mapped Configuration Registers of the MPC8248(see section 9.11.1 of the MPC8272 PowerQUICC II Reference Manual). I would hope there are utilities already out there to do this in Linux or will I have to write my own driver?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

fmv
Contributor I

Hy illini.

I joined this forum hoping to find info on "how to configure MPC8248 RSTCONF at power on" in a more simple way than using an EEPROM and other accessories as depicted in chap.5.4 of that RM, but I see that the matter seems to be really dark.

I hope that some Freescale-SuperMan can answer to you question and also to the following:

I'm developing a PCI Agent board with a MPC8247, which must start reading from addresses 0x00, 0x08, 0x10, 0x18 and the goes on ...

The documentation I found up to now says that: to allow the 8247 to work subsequently using addresses from 0x00000000 on as RAM (as usual) I need to introduce an EPLD capturing the first 4 readings and redirecting them to the EEPROM, and only subsequently permit to the 8247 to be interfaced to the RAM at address 0x00000000.

It seems to me very sad to waste an EPLD that eslewere I do not need only for this.

Isn't another simpler way to obtain my PowerOn Configuration Word?

Good luck to you, illini
   fmv

0 Kudos

imajeff
Contributor III
Now that the ColdFire forum just opened, maybe that (being 32-bit) is a good place to find people who know about that stuff.

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board?board.id=CFCOMM
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II

Hi Illini,

There is no 32 bit forum for now in Freescale Communities.

May be as time goes some deciders will see how interesting these forums are and will create a new board.

That's all I can say coz I don't play with PowerQUICC.
Alban.

0 Kudos