cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmer for HCS12 using USB multilink - MC9S12A128CPVE

Istvan
Contributor I
Hi all,

I have a MC9S12A128CPVE device on a design, which I can only program using the JTAG interface (no bootloader).
I have a license for Codewarrior 3.1 for this device only for 1 desktop PC, but I would need sometime to program the devices out of my office. So I was wondering if there is free software that I could install on a laptop, to burn the firmware in the microprocessors using this P&E USB multilink?
I am quite sure I used a software before to do so, but I just forgot, and I can not find any informations on the web about this...

Thank you

Added p/n to subject.

Message Edited by NLFSJ on 2008-03-31 09:49 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Istvan
Contributor I
Ups yes sorry it is not a JTAG... But I have already installed the special edition, but it is limited in size of memory, and I can not upload the firmware using the "debug" command... Is there another way to upload the firmware maybe? I am not usually working with these processors and interface, sorry...
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Well, I thought you said burn, not debug.
Hiwave will burn any size .s19 file. I know because I burn DBUG-12 with an SE license all the time and it is bigger that 32K.
You must burn the .s19 file, not the .abs file.

C:\Program Files\Freescale\Codewarrior for HC12 V4.6\Prog

You can start hiwave.exe from the prog directory. You will need to tell it what chip you are using, as the s19 file does not have that information. You can save the ini file an use it later.
Make a shortcut to hiwave so you do not have to keep browsing there.

Message Edited by JimDon on 2008-03-28 10:16 AM
0 Kudos

Istvan
Contributor I
Thanks a lot, very usefull answer!
0 Kudos

Zahar
Contributor IV
Istvan,

There is a FLASH programmer that P&E offers called prog12z for $169. It is not free, however, it does not pose any code limit and it also comes with command line version which allows you to automate your FLASH programming procedure.

You can find more information about this product here:

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Best Regards,
Zahar
P&E
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Just so there is no mis-understanding, when it comes to burning, CW has no code  limit either.

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Well, it is not a JTAG interface it is single wire.
You could download CW Special Edition and use that to program with.
0 Kudos