Problems using flexray starter kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using flexray starter kit

brian_s
Contributor I
Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong area.
I have recently bought the flexray starter kit based on the MC9S12XDP512 and the 4300 Daughter card. I have set up the kit as shown in the guide, but I am having problems getting the FREEMASTER software to detect the kit, it gives me this error when I try connect

" Can not detect the board information ! The communication will be paused. Error code: 0x80000101 ( Response timeout" 

Has anybody had similar problems?, or have any suggestions on how to get around this?

Thanks
Brian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

DavidPaterson
Contributor I
Hi Brian,

Please check the Freemaster settings (Project --> Options). The Port should represent the COM port number on your PC.
Also, ensure that the serial cable is correctly connected to both ports (EVB and PC).

Both Nodes must also be reset after programming.

If this fails, please check all hardware settings.

Ensure that FlexRay Channel A is connected to Channel A, and same for Channel B.

Best Regards,
David
0 Kudos

brian_s
Contributor I
Hi Dave, thanks for the reply,

I have already changed the settings for com port etc. Have checked that the cable is properly connected, and that the serial port is working. The flexray cables are connected properly also.

Any other suggestions as to why it might not be working?

Thanks
Brian
0 Kudos

DavidPaterson
Contributor I
Hello, possibly the nodes are not programmed with the executables (.elfs).
Can you try to re-program?

Thanks,
David
0 Kudos

brian_s
Contributor I
Hi David, just been trying to program the boards, but  geting an error telling me that the IDE is not liscenced for more than 32 files. I had presumed when buying the kit that the liscence would at least let me run the supplied program. Am I missing out on something obvious here? Is there a way of checking what program is already on the board? The only thing i can get to run on the board at the minute is the program that alters the dot matrix display according to the input on the pot and LDR.

Thanks again for the help,
Brian
0 Kudos

DavidPaterson
Contributor I
Hi Brian, I have attached a temporary license file for just now.
BTW, you can use some sort of FLASH programmer only, so can bypass using codewarrior to start off with.
You can check the FLASH memory area on a debugger to see if aything is programmed.

Best Regards,
David

--
Alban Edit: unlimited license file removed from public and emailed to individual.

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-09-11 03:49 PM
0 Kudos

brian_s
Contributor I
That seems to have done the trick, thank you. I have found some demo programs on the disk that came with the kit, but was wondering where I could find some more demo programs?

Thanks
Brian
0 Kudos

DavidPaterson
Contributor I
Hi Brian, please request access to our FlexRay extranet site for the latest information and downloads:

Best Regards,
David
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II

Invalid URL

Error:Invalid URL
Reason:The URL you have entered is not valid. Please check the URL and try again.
0 Kudos

DavidPaterson
Contributor I
The URL is invalid for those who dont have access.

Brian -please provide your email address and I will grant you access.

Best Regards,
David
0 Kudos

colinhoward
Contributor I

Hi David

This is a very old thread but I spotted it while trying to research Flexray.  Are you still involved in this area?

I am an engineering consultant in the automotive domain. I do quite a bit of work with Bosch (Australia)

I am trying to get up to speed with Flexray.  Do you know if this extranet still exists?  Can you help getting access?  I have tried emailing compass@freescale and also putting in a general service request but so far they just bounce me backwards and forwards. I do have a contact at Freescale Germany who can verify my "credentials" if necessary.

Best regards

Colin Howard

0 Kudos