cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&E BDM Communication

GTM
Contributor I

Hello NXP,

I want to use freemaster by BDM, but the freemaster cannot recognize my multilink fx.

freemaster.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies

GTM
Contributor I

I think it is my laptop problem.

usb.png

0 Kudos

giraffe508
Contributor IV

Hello,

It seems that FreeMASTER is not recognizing your Multilink FX. To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Ensure that you have the latest version of FreeMASTER installed. You can download it from the following link: FreeMASTER Run-Time Debugging Tool.
  2. Make sure that the P&E drivers are installed correctly. You can download the latest P&E drivers from this link: PEmicro Hardware Interface Drivers.
  3. Check if the Multilink FX is connected properly to your target board and the PC.
  4. Verify that the correct communication plugin is selected in FreeMASTER. To do this, go to the 'Project' menu, then select 'Options' and click on the 'Comm' tab. Choose the 'PEMicro BDM' plugin from the drop-down menu.
  5. Ensure that the correct processor is selected in the FreeMASTER project settings. Go to the 'Project' menu, then select 'Options' and click on the 'MCU' tab. Choose the appropriate processor from the list.

If you have followed these steps and the issue persists, please provide more information about your setup, such as the target MCU, the version of FreeMASTER you are using, and any error messages you are encountering.

Best regards.

0 Kudos