cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating voltage range

Jump to solution
Georgio_69
Contributor II
Hello, Can you please tell me what is the max. operating voltage range (battery voltage range) for the motor drive for MagniV S12ZVMC256 version? Same question for the CAN Thanks in advance for your feed-back Best regards, Georges
0 Kudos
1 Solution
StanoA
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Georges,

The normal operating range for MCU  - the battery voltage is in range from 5.5V to 18V. The maximum short peaks of transient voltage is allowed up to 40V. Please note all those peaks could have negative impact to the device reliability and have to be eliminated by design.

The CAN module specifications are in Table H-2, and Table H-3 of the RM. It is for the standard 5V supply voltage level. The absolute maximum ratings described in Table H-1 are considered as very short peak levels during transients only. The influence to reliability is valid also. The CAN module is intended for use in the 12V systems only In case you wonder about higher voltage level systems the workaround for power supply and CAN interface must done. One example is described in AN5082.

I wish you many success in your design.

Best Regards,

Stano.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StanoA
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Georges,

The normal operating range for MCU  - the battery voltage is in range from 5.5V to 18V. The maximum short peaks of transient voltage is allowed up to 40V. Please note all those peaks could have negative impact to the device reliability and have to be eliminated by design.

The CAN module specifications are in Table H-2, and Table H-3 of the RM. It is for the standard 5V supply voltage level. The absolute maximum ratings described in Table H-1 are considered as very short peak levels during transients only. The influence to reliability is valid also. The CAN module is intended for use in the 12V systems only In case you wonder about higher voltage level systems the workaround for power supply and CAN interface must done. One example is described in AN5082.

I wish you many success in your design.

Best Regards,

Stano.

0 Kudos