您的意思是: 
已解决

MC9S12E256 112pin programming via cyclone

跳至解决方案
1,650 次查看
leo_wu
Contributor I

Hi NXP

I received 4 FA MCUs : MC9S12E256CPVE, can't programming at customer side.

I am trying to use cyclone to connect MCU, but it can't work.

Below is my connection, is external crystal necessary?

Cyclone <----> MC9S12E

BKGD <---> BKGD

GND <---> VSSR

VDD <---> VDDR / VDDX / VDDA

RESET <---> RESET

标记 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
1,635 次查看
StanoA
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Leo Wu,

I suggest you to use such new MCU from S12(X) family with better properties and features and also availability. This one is very old. Here is such information about similar MCU adapter:

https://usermanual.wiki/Document/M68EVB912E128UM.932604441.pdf

and attached are data about one EVB too.

The best way is to build your own board which fits to your real application and then you can use that MCU in best way.

I wish you success in your project.

Best Regards,

Stano.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
5 回复数
1,640 次查看
leo_wu
Contributor I

Hi Stano

Thank you, so MC9S12E doesn't have an internal crystal, right? does NXP have any EVM or adapter board for MC9S12E?

0 项奖励
回复
1,643 次查看
StanoA
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Leo Wu,

If you want to program MCU it must be connected in real application on board. This means it must be designed whole application schematic including clock source, local power source and other interfaces including 6-pin BDM interface. This interface is used for load the software code eighter through BDM Multilink or Cyclone interface.

As first I suggest you to use the BDM Multilink together with CodeWarrior IDE on PC. If it works then load the application software into Cyclone tool and try to program MCU with Cyclone without PC.

In case the BDM Multilink will work fine and Cyclone not, then please ask PE Micro (http://www.pemicro.com/support/index.cfm) for support.

I think it can help you to solve this issue.

Best Regards,

Stano.

0 项奖励
回复
1,636 次查看
StanoA
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Leo Wu,

I suggest you to use such new MCU from S12(X) family with better properties and features and also availability. This one is very old. Here is such information about similar MCU adapter:

https://usermanual.wiki/Document/M68EVB912E128UM.932604441.pdf

and attached are data about one EVB too.

The best way is to build your own board which fits to your real application and then you can use that MCU in best way.

I wish you success in your project.

Best Regards,

Stano.

0 项奖励
回复
1,625 次查看
leo_wu
Contributor I

Hi Stano,

Attached is the programming board which our customer is using for MC9S12E programming, according to your experience, may it cause any programming issue? because this is not the same as the layout suggestion of your datasheet

Thanks,

0 项奖励
回复
1,619 次查看
StanoA
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Leo Wu,

The board you have is not intended for programming MCU. It is intended for DC tests and basic functionality test only. It must be used together with the main board which contains all the required circuitry needed for the proper MCU function.

You have the SW code which you want to load into MCU FLASH. This means it is built for such application. What is the schematic of that application? Could you send me it? If you want to load that SW code into MCU you need to have the dedicated PC board with layout of that application schematic.

Best Regards,

Stano.

0 项奖励
回复