cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S12 DJ / DT interchangeable?

cg_mayrhofer
Contributor I

Hi all,
we have the MC9S12DJ256CFUE controller on our PCB which is not to get at the moment. I found a possible replacement MC9S12DT256MFUE.

Beside of the other temperature range I found the difference between DT and DJ is the number oc CAN interfaces and J1850.

The other thing is that we can't compile the legacy firmware anymore because the programmer is not in our company anymore and the toolchain doesn't exist.

Does anyone know if the DJ can be replaced by the DT without any changes in the firmware image?

Best, Stefan

0 Kudos
2 Replies

cg_mayrhofer
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply. I habve already ordered the alternate DT type and it is put on a PCB by our PCB manufacturer. I will test this by the next days,

regards, Stefan

0 Kudos

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes DJ and DT are pin to pin compatible taking into account derivative differences mentioned in the datasheet.

CFUE and MFUE means almost the same. Just MFUE has extended temperature range.

If your SW does not uses undefined peripherals of the other device then you can use and program it directly.

However, one thing has to be taken into consideration. It is a mask set of the device.

The application SW usually solves MCU’s errata by workarounds mentioned in the errata list.

MC9S12DJ256CFUE  can have mask set 4L91N or 6L01Y

MC9S12DT256CFUE  can have mask set 4L91N or 6L01Y

As you can see the devices are the same and contains the same mask sets. The only difference is DEFINED peripheral mask set. Entire structure of devices is the same but in the case of peripherals which are not defined for the derivative the test process is limited for these peripherals even they are inside. Usage of these peripherals ends guarantee of the device.

Best regards,

Ladislav