How to rectify FAULT5 being set while running FOC_Sensorless.slx on SPNZVM128 eval kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rectify FAULT5 being set while running FOC_Sensorless.slx on SPNZVM128 eval kit

shwethamangalor
Contributor I

Dear All,

I would like to know about the working ( run the motor) of model FOC_Sensorless on the Evaluation kit MTRCKTSPNZVM128.

I have seen in community there is a request for model as in :
Where can I find "FOC_Sensorless. SLX"

I am working with the same model. I have generated .elf file and successfully flashed the controller via CodeWarrior MCU v10.6. I have also loaded .elf in S12ZVM_FOC_Sensorless.pmp in FREEMASTER tool as well to view the symbols.

But unfortunately when I try to run the motor with UserSpeedRequest set to 1000 rpm, via USB connection with FreeMaster 2.0, FAULT5 LED is set in controller. I just get a beep sound but motor doesnt run. However I have got plots as  attached.

Now even when the board is disconnected from FreeMaster still the FAULT5 LED is ON and sound is consistent irrespective of any input. The beep sound stops on clicked Reset button but again appear with some delay.

Is there any workaround to be done before running motor? How to reset the fault and successfully run the motor. Is it because the values are stored in EEPROM? Can I not reset this FAULT. Please guide me through this.

Please do the needful.

Kind Regards,
Shwetha M

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shwetha,

Per your description, it rather looks like some hardware issue.

The FAULT5 LED signalizes one or more from of five hardware errors. The signal may be connected also to MCU through J14 jumper, but this is not in your case.

The active FAULT signal is generated be at least one of U15A, U17A, U17B, U18A, U18B comparators.

So, the problem may be in in VHD overvoltage (U18B) or overcurrent gained by an internal current sense amplifier (U18A) or by one of three phase external current amplifiers (U15A, U17A, U17B).

According to board picture:

1. you disconnected user switch (J9). I am not sure whether Motor Control Toolbox software use it or not.

2. The Internal AMP0 current sense amplifier is configured for measuring phase A current (J59, J60).

3. You are working on FOC Sensorless motor driving, but it seems that you connected also hall sensors to EVB. Could you please try to disconnect hall sensors from the board (connector J11)?

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

shwethamangalor
Contributor I

Dear Mr.Radek,

By varying R20, R21, R22, I could rectify FAULT. But when running FreeMaster_Control for MC9S12ZVML128_PMSM_Sensorless, the motor enters Ready->Calib->Align->Run->Fault. This happens in short period. Just a jerk in motor movement probably one rotation or half rotation and then e_fault is set. When I tried to see the fault in App Control page, I saw that Udcb LO is set.So I tried to reduce Under voltage limit in Parameters and set to 5V and then to 2V and finally to 1V but still the behavior is same. It sets Udcb LO fault.

Please have a look at the link shared for working of MC9S12ZVML128_PMSM_Sensorless.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzb7iGNsgGEOT1NoY1B3R0x1S0U/view

But the SBNZVM128 software MC9S12ZVML128_BLDC_Sensorless is running perfectly fine.

The model as described in FTF-ACC-F1114 i.e. FOC_Sensorless is also behaving odd. I have shared a link of how the Model generated code flashed into MTRCKTSPNZVM128 works. I am not able to come to conclusion because no software work in a similar way.

One has Under DC voltage and other just run and jerk in a seconds( behavior repeats by itself when I unplug VBAT and plug it back, also when I press RESET) and in both case Fault LED is flashing very fast.

I donot understand how shall I proceed.

Warm regards,
Shwetha M

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shwetha,

Thank you more details.

Per your description – it looks like some issue with power supply.

The GDU needs at least 7V at VVSUP/VHD pins. So, reducing Under voltage limit is not a solution.

Please check your power supply voltage during the motor run. If it will fall below 8V, the problem is probably in your power supply – too weak source/over current protection/….

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

shwethamangalor
Contributor I

Dear Radek,

I am using the AC adapter Model no: ATS090-P120 which is bought with the board. I am not using any external power supply.

Warm Regards,

Shwetha M

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shwetha,

In that case, I suppose that you use also standard LINIX 45ZWN-24-90-B motor delivered with MTRCKTSPNZVM128 kit. Correct?

How looks your power supply when you start motor?

The problem may be in your power supply or in motor connection.

The motor has 8 wires where motor phases are three thickest white/green/blue wires. The rest of wires are for hall sensors.

Note: I would like to recommend disconnect hall sensors from board when you don’t use it (sensorless solution).

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

0 Kudos