cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with OpenTCP

MarcV
Contributor I
Hi,
I recently bought a NE64 evaluation module (the one with the "game") and would like to start writing my own program using OpenTCP. However,I'm having a hard time finding my way in the OpenTCP documentation and never can get my program to compile without errors. There's always some header or code missing. Maybe I'm just looking over it but I think the documentation doesn't clearly say what sources/headers are required to perform a specific function.
The first program I would like to write is some code that gets the NE64 connected to a DHCP server and obtain IP settings from there.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance - Marc
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Wind
Contributor I
hi
may be you can start with the sample project AN2836SW. It helps a lot
0 Kudos

MarcV
Contributor I
I already found that application note on the freescale web site but ignored it because the codewarrior SE edition refused to link the application because of it's size. Your reply made me check it out again.
I reduced the amount of HTML code in the application to something very elementary so the codewarrior accepts it, and disabled the UDP application code.
I modified the fixed IP address to work within the range of my router and was able to access the web server from my web browser without problems.
Then I added the DHCP code (dhcpc_init at initialisation and dhcpc_run in the main program loop). The demo board does get a dynamic IP address from the router and I can ping that address, but when I try to access the web server, the loading of the page waits forever and nothing shows up. I also notice that there's permanent traffic over the network connection.
I have no idea what's going on and have no idea how I should start debugging this... any ideas?
0 Kudos

Wind
Contributor I

hi,

I  had this problem before and it was solve when I disable the firewall in my PC ( connector project).

may be you can try to disable your pc firewall. Just for your information, I am also very new in this ethernet TCPIP.

I am having problem to load the dynamic page with active x control  eventhough I have enable all the active x control in IE.

cheers

seebing

0 Kudos

MarcV
Contributor I
I noticed that the RTI routines in the program are never called. To make this work it was necessary to add RTI_init() in the initialisation section of mainwebserver.c
Now it works with DHCP. There's still a peiod of continuous communication when the program is started but this stops after a second or two. I checked in he logging of my router and noticed this is a continuous burst of IP address assignments. I still have to figure out why it does that continuously because once should be enough :smileyhappy:
I'm not using the ActiveX thingy at the moment by the way, I removed all embedded web pages except index.htm, which I reduced in size also.

Message Edited by MarcV on 03-27-200605:33 PM

0 Kudos

Wind
Contributor I

hi,

ebook sharing. good one. I am reading it now. 

h**p://www.elektrotekno.com/viewtopic.php?t=362

regards

0 Kudos