cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVB9S12NE64 connection problem

barnamah
Contributor I

Hello world!

This is my first time connecting EVB9S12NE64 board using both Ethernet Crossover cable and Serial (via USB) but no luck.

Here are the details:

With Ethernet Cable connected directly from board to my PC (win 7). I set my IP to be static 192.168.2.1 which concocts

I pinged the board with ip 192.168.2.3 and it responds without any loss.

3677_3677.pngconnection_manager.png

When I click on "refresh list" it shows board is detected but when I exit from this screen, I get this:

3678_3678.pngconnection_manager_2.png

"The Debugger can not connect to the P&E BDC interface or targetted hardware board".

and the following error :

!OPEN source 0 0 60 42

NO CONNECTION

!Source < attributes MARKS off

!OPEN assembly 60 0 40 30

!Assembly < attributes ADR on,CODE off,ABSADR on,SYMB off,TOPPC 0xF800

!OPEN procedure 60 60 40 17

!Procedure < attributes VALUES on,TYPES off

!OPEN register 60 30 40 30

!Register < attributes FORMAT AUTO,COMPLEMENT None

!OPEN memory 60 77 40 23

!Memory < attributes FORMAT hex,COMPLEMENT None,WORD 1,ASC on,ADR on,ADDRESS 0x80

!OPEN data 0 42 60 28

!Data < attributes SCOPE global,COMPLEMENT None,FORMAT Symb,MODE automatic,UPDATERATE 10,NAMEWIDTH 16

!OPEN command 0 70 60 30

!Command < attributes CACHESIZE 1000

!bckcolor 50331647

!font 'Courier New' 9 BLACK

!AUTOSIZE on

!ACTIVATE Assembly Memory Register Command Data Source Procedure

done ASM_layout.hwl

Loading Target ...

IO registers loaded for MC9S12NE64 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CWS12v5.1\prog\REG\MCU03EA.REG

Error 126 while loading library : C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CWS12v5.1\prog\PEOSBDMV1.DLL

Error 126 while loading library : PEOSBDMV1.DLL

Unable to load OSBDMDRIVER : PEOSBDMV1.DLL

Unable to open specified port.

IO registers loaded for MC9S12NE64 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CWS12v5.1\prog\REG\MCU03EA.REG

Error 126 while loading library : C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CWS12v5.1\prog\PEOSBDMV1.DLL

Error 126 while loading library : PEOSBDMV1.DLL

Unable to load OSBDMDRIVER : PEOSBDMV1.DLL

With USB-to-Serial Cable I get the following error:

3679_3679.JPGCapture_error.JPG

the COM_SW setting sare 1,2, 7 and 8 are ON.

I don't know what am I doing wrong.

Please help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suppose that you bought new EVB9S12NE64. In that case MCU already contains software and you can ping MCU trough Ethernet.

I also suppose that you want loading some software into MCU. For that you will need some BDM interface like USB BDM Multilink (or CyclonePro) or you can use bootloader/debugger inside of MCU (if somebody doesn’t delete them).

I suppose that you don’t have any BDM Interface. Correct?

MCU should contain already programmed bootloader/debugger which we call HCS12 Serial Monitor.

Description of serial monitor you can find in in application note AN2548 Serial Monitor Program for HCS12 MCUs:

http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN2548.pdf

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=AN2548SW1

User manual (http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/EVB9S12NE64UM.pdf) says that serial monitor should be available on COM1 connector at board.

Please check jumper settings according EVB user manual and create new project where you use HCS12 Serial Monitor as default connection.

0 Kudos

barnamah
Contributor I

Amazing! If you are Freescale rep, then replying after 8 days show how good support is available.  it is a shame that I was thinking the "community" is there for help and if not, then FREESCALE would help and here is your help after 8 days.

0 Kudos

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Hello Ahmad!

We're very sorry for the delay, please accept our apologies.

Don't forget community is also space for users to share ideas and help each others.

Anyway, did the reply help with your problem?

Thanks for your feedback, we're working to make this a better experience :smileywink:

Best Regards,

Monica

0 Kudos