Duplicate Entries in Interrupt Vector Locations (Table 1-12)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Entries in Interrupt Vector Locations (Table 1-12)?

lorcap
Contributor I

I just downloaded the revision 2.21 (October 2009) of HCS12X microcontroller data sheet, named MC9S12XDP512RMV2.

It seems to me that table 1-12 on page 73, which shows the interrupt vector locators, contains some duplicate entries.  For example, "Vector base + $D2" is both enlisted as dedicated to ADT0 and reserved.  Same for entries "Vector base + $BC", $AE-$98, $8A-$88, $86-$84, and $82.  Am I wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

DPB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

The Reference Manual covers different devices of the XA, XB and XD Families as listed in Appendix E.

Some of these devices feature a reduced peripheral module set, as shown in Appendix E-5.

For those derivatives without the full peripheral module set, the corresponding vector locations are reserved.

This is the reason for the duplicate location entries.

This should be mentioned in the document. 

We shall fix this for the next revision.

DPB

0 Kudos

lorcap
Contributor I

First of all, thanks for the quick reply.  Let's see if I understood.

Let's take duplicate entry Vector base + $D2.  The table shows both Reserved and assigned to ATD0.  This means that there should be a derivative which features ATD1 and not ATD0.  And in fact, table E-5 shows that 9S12XDG128 does have peripheral ATD1 and not ATD0.

The table entries are then correct, even if duplicate entries are shown.

0 Kudos

DPB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

Your understanding is correct.

The documentation is not wrong, it is just not very good because the table should include at least a footnote to explain the double entries for single locations.

DPB

0 Kudos