Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSP Dev board Advice

Jump to solution
brokensaint
Contributor I

Greatings,

I am loking for any sudgestions on a DSP development board and/or Mcu, I want to start doing some audio procesing (filters, audio effects, etc).

Can any one please advice on an adecuate dev board or processor for this aplication.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rocco
Senior Contributor II
Hi, Broken:

I use the DSP563xx family of DSPs. Specifically, I use the DSP56303 and DSP56309.

They are designed for audio. They have a 24-bit wide architecture, and interface directly with 24-bit audio codecs. They are also much faster than the Freescale DSC chips (56Fxxxx series). There are versions with surround, THX, Dolby and other audio firmware built in.

I can't help you with development boards however, as the board that I started with has been discontinued. Sorry.

I just tried to get a link for you, but the search function seems to be broken. :smileysad: A search for "DSP563" or "DSP563xx" is giving me invisible results or incomplete results.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rocco
Senior Contributor II
Hi, Broken:

I use the DSP563xx family of DSPs. Specifically, I use the DSP56303 and DSP56309.

They are designed for audio. They have a 24-bit wide architecture, and interface directly with 24-bit audio codecs. They are also much faster than the Freescale DSC chips (56Fxxxx series). There are versions with surround, THX, Dolby and other audio firmware built in.

I can't help you with development boards however, as the board that I started with has been discontinued. Sorry.

I just tried to get a link for you, but the search function seems to be broken. :smileysad: A search for "DSP563" or "DSP563xx" is giving me invisible results or incomplete results.
0 Kudos
brokensaint
Contributor I
Thank you for the info Rocco

it has been very helpfull.

0 Kudos